All AYHA Coaches must be properly certified based on USA Hockey guidelines and credentialed by AYHA.
AYHA's DEADLINES FOR MEETING 100% OF THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED ON THIS PAGE:
- October 1 or first ice session: All Head Coaches & Assistant Coaches [AYHA Registration, USA Hockey ID, Safesport & Background Screening]
- October 1: All TRAVEL TEAM Coaches & Assistants [Coach Education Program (CEP)]
- November 1: All HOUSE LEAGUE Coaches & Assistants [Coach Education Program (CEP)]
If you miss these deadlines you will not be able to participate in any team activities, practices, or games.
AYHA Requirements require:
USA Hockey Requirements to Coach:
Coaching Education Program (CEP) Requirements:
- Find, register and attend the required certification clinic.
- You can only attend one clinic per season.
- The coaching clinic season for Levels 1-3 officially runs from September 1 to December 31.
- Click here to find a clinic.
- Complete the online age-specific module(s) for the age level of play you are coaching.
- COmplete SafeSport Training, every two years.
If you have any questions, about these guidelines and requirements, please contact our ACE Coordinator, at email@example.com.