All AYHA Coaches must be properly certified based on USA Hockey guidelines and credentialed by AYHA.
AYHA's DEADLINES FOR MEETING 100% OF THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED ON THIS PAGE:
- October 1 or first ice session (whichever occurs first): ALL Coaches & Assistants [AYHA Registration, USA Hockey ID, Safesport & Background Screening]
- November 1: All TRAVEL TEAM Coaches & Assistants [Coach Education Program (CEP)]
- December 1: All HOUSE LEAGUE Coaches & Assistants [Coach Education Program (CEP)]
If you miss these deadlines you will not be able to participate in any team activities, practices, or games.
USA Hockey Requirements
Coaching Education Program Requirements
- Find, register and attend the required certification clinic. (Cost is $40 plus any lunch fees if applicable) You can only attend one clinic per season. (The coaching clinic season for Levels 1-3 officially runs from September 1 to December 31). Click here to find a clinic. Note the deadlines above.
- Complete the online age-specific module(s) for the age level of play you are coaching. (Cost is $10 per module) (The online modules are available starting September 1.) Click here for the modules. Note the deadlines above.
- Must attend the required clinic and complete the necessary online age-specific module(s) by November 1st for travel teams and December 1st for house league teams. Note the deadlines above.
If you have any questions whatsoever about these guidelines and requirements, please contact Jon Paro, our ACE Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.